Sacrament of Baptism
It is in Baptism that one is welcomed into a community of faith. As a parish community, we welcome new members.
1. A Baptism Registration form must be completed prior to scheduling the Baptism.
2. Baby’s official (state copy) Birth Certificate must be submitted with the registration.
3. Parents must be registered parishioners. If you are not yet registered, but would like to join our parish family, please call the Parish Office at
433-2777 ext. 110.
4. Both parents are required to attend Baptism Preparation Classes prior to the Baptism celebration. Please ensure you schedule the time you are to
attend the Baptism Preparation Classes when you register your child for the Baptism. The classes are held on the second Tuesday of the month in
the Parish Center from 7:00pm – 9:00pm.
The role of Godparents is to help their godchild lead a good Catholic/Christian life. The following are requirements from The Code of Canon Law that the Godparent must meet. Accordingly the Godparents should be present at the child’s baptism to profess their faith as representatives of the child’s extended spiritual family and of the whole church.
Godparents from other parishes must obtain a letter from their parish stating they meet the requirements of Godparents. Those requirements, per Canon Law, are as follows:
- Canon 873 Only one male or one female godparent or one of each sex is permitted.
- Canon 874
* Must be 16 years of age
* Be a Catholic who has received all three sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation) and leads a life in harmony with the
faith and the role to be undertaken.
* Not be bound by any canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared (i.e. married by a Justice of the Peace or Common Law marriage)
* Not be the father or the mother of the child.
* Both godparents are required to attend the Baptism Preparation Classes prior to the Baptism celebration. The Faith Formation Office should be
contacted @ (210) 433-2777 ext 118 to schedule the time you are to attend the Baptism Preparation Classes.
All Baptism Preparation Classes are offered in both English and in Spanish. If you are in need of completing the preparation class for a Baptism outside of our parish contact the Faith Formation Office. To register for the preparation class and to receive additional information required prior to your attendance in this class contact the Faith Formation Office at (210) 433-2777 ext. 118.